1. DSO Shell has similar bandwitch as DSO138 though it contains significant improvements in structure, mechanical, and operation.
2. Display and MCU are now mounted on the same board (mainboard) to avoid using inter-board pin-headers. Feedback from DSO138 usres have shown that soldering on the pin-headers are often problematic for many beginners. Analog channel is placed on a separated board which contains most user install parts. This brings in better separation between analog and digital circuits. Without the analog portion the mainboard is actually a general purpose control board that can be used in many other applications. The mainboard is fully installed (except a few through-hold components) and factory tested before packing.
3. DSO Shell comes with full enclosure. The front panel and top/bottom brackets are flexiable for easy user modification.
4. Rotary encoder has been added. It makes parameter adjustment much quicker and easier.
5. The sensitivity of DSO Shell has been extended in both directions and is higher and wider than DSO138. It reaches 5mV/div --- 20V/div while DSO138 is only 10mV/div --- 5V/div.
6. DSO Shell runs on 9V (do not use power voltage higher than 10V!) power supply. Users need to prepare their own power supply since it is not included in the kits. The power jack on the mainboard accepts standare 5.5mm/2.1mm DC plug. Alternative 2-pin connector (0.1" pitch) is also provided for convenience to connect to different power sources.
It is assumed that users have adaquate soldering skills and troubleshooting skills to assemble the DSO Shell kits. Buyers are advised that due to skills of user is involved in assembly it is not guaranteed every kit will end up being a working device. But we will make as much efforts as we can to approach that goal.
After receiving the kits users are urged to check mainboard and LCD by applying proper power supply. Report immediately to us or JYE Tech if problem or damage is found.
For 15002 K kit SMD component soldering skills are required (is more difficult than 15003 K version, please note). SMD parts does not soldered on analog board.
Characteristics of indicators:
Number of channel: 1
Analog bandwidth: 0 - 200KHz
Sensitivity: 5mV/Div - 20V/Div
Sensitivity error: < 5%
Input Impedance: 1M ohm
Maximum input voltage: 50Vpk
Coupling: DC, AC, GND
Max real-time sampling rate: 1Msps
Timebase: 10us/Div - 500s/Div
Record length: 1024
Trigger modes: Auto, Normal, Single
Trigger types: Rising/falling edge
Trigger position: 1/2 of buffer size fixed
2.4-inch color TFT LCD with 320 x 240 resolution
9V DC (8 - 10V acceptable)
Supply current: 120mA @ 9V
Dimension: 115mm x 75mm x 22mm
Weight: 100 gram (not including cables and power supply)
How to Upgrade firmware for DSO138: Click to open
Users Manual: Click to open
Schematic: Click to open
1 x DIY DS0150 Digital Oscilloscope Kit (There may be a color difference in the shell)
1 x EN Instruction
SMD parts does not soldered on analog board.
Finish and test pictures, for reference only: